2.14.2013

In which I talk about love.

In my book, Valentine's Day isn't about love.


Okay, scratch that.

It's all about love;

but not the kind of love that makes teenage girls everywhere bitter because they're alone on this, the most romantic of days.


Valentine's Day is about my mom
and my brothers.

Growing up with a single mom, it can be imagined that Valentine's Day wouldn't be the most celebrated holiday in our house, but oh contrare.


As long as I can remember, Valentine's Day has been a day for my mom to celebrate (if i do say so myself) the greatest things that ever happened to her.

Cupid's holiday isn't about roses, and big romantic gestures, and that cute boy that makes you feel special.
It's about new underwear with hearts on them, and love notes, and the most beautiful woman on earth reminding us just how much we mean to her;

and for that, I am eternally grateful.

3 comments:

AmberandBryan said...

Where the heck is the like button? Happy Valentine's Day to you and your wonderful mom.

Des said...

I agree with Amber. I like this way much. Love you and your mom both so much! :)

collette charles said...

Love your mom. :-)